Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Four! Four Transylvania! Ah, ah, ah . . .

Lipscomb 74, Indiana 69.

I still can't believe I just typed that.

Lipscomb 74.

[deep breath]

Indiana

[deep breath again]

69.

Sunday night I was in Arkansas at my parents' house. We came home from church in time to catch the second half on the Big Ten Network, part of my parents' AT&T TV package. By the time I got the TV turned on, Lipscomb had rallied from a 21-point first half deficit, using 11-0 and 18-0 runs to take a 3-point lead. Michael Teller had the best game (PEG of 27, including 19 points, 6 boards, and 4 assists) but Adnan Hozdic was the hero, scoring twice in the last 2 1/2 minutes to give Lipscomb the lead. Jimmy Oden also came up huge, making several big plays on defense (including a memorable one against the Big Ten Network broadcast table) and hitting the icing free throws in the final minute.

When the game was over I yelled so loudly I set off my Mom's motion-sensitive singing Christmas egg.

No comments: