Friday, July 17, 2009

I Don't Want To Be A Millionaire

"I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and ***** it, people like me."

Just not enough to put me on TV to try to win a million dollars.

The last time I tried out for Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, the best part of the audition was the standing in line.

Seriously.

The test was recycled -- I got several right just by reviewing old show questions. I passed the knowledge test, but missed the "how willing are you to put up with our attitude?" question. Not willing enough, apparently. From the AP who brought me into the test room, to the test coordinator guy, to the absolute zoo of the interview room, it looked like everybody working there had gotten out of bed entirely too early to do a job they hated.

And part of the process of getting on the show is, from what I've been told, catching the right AP in a good mood.

Sorry. Not for me.

If you want to go on the show, and even if you manage to get into the chair opposite Regis or Meredith, I'll be glad to be a phone-a-friend. My Google-Fu is powerful, grasshopper.

Just don't ask me to be a contestant. It's just not worth it.

No comments: