Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm Still Alive

I try to make it a point not to blog unless I have, you know, something to say. Apparently, that is not exactly standard procedure for the Internet, where having a reason to write is not a limiting factor in what ends up on the screen.

So here I am.

Just to warn you, I won't be doing this often. If there is a new post here, or at the book site over on Wordpress, it will be because something has my attention and interest.

In the news today, nothing happened. The Supreme Court wrapped up its session by striking down a ridiculous handguun ban (and implicitly endorsing Texas' Castle Doctrine), Germany advanced to the finals of Euro 2008, and somehwere it rained.

Since I last posted, a couple of Fight Club veterans won money on The Show. Dave is a likely TOC candidate, but Sven hit a rough patch on Day 2 and was out.

In the latest batch of polling, Barack Obama leads John McCain 47.9% to 42.8%, good for around 315 Electoral Votes, give or take.

My new favorite song is "Shattered." It's off an album by Laura, a contestant on Belgian Idol. Aaron Sain -- children's minister at Tusculum -- was one of the writers. I think there might be a book in it. We'll see.

No comments: